Island Peak Climbing
Island peak (6190m)- located in Everest region, is one of the popular and demanded among the peaks in this region as well as in Nepal. This peak is known as Imja Tse, too. Island Peak climbing in this particular peak has been one of the most preferred and demanded among the travelers or climbers because peak climbing sport on this particular peak is combined with the Everest base camp trekking. In the other hand, why tourists choose this trekking and peak climbing is, the trekking to this area provides awesome views of ever snow-capped mountains lying around the Khumbu region including Mt. Everest (8848m), Mt. Nuptse (7,855m), Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Amadablam (6856m), Cho-Yu (8187m) and Lhotse Shar (8,383m) , whereas, Mt. Makalu (8481m) in the east, Baruntse (7720m) in the south and others. The trip to this region is suitable to those who are energetic, physically fit and for those who want to have both trekking and peak climbing experience at the same time. Technically, Island Peak is considered to be easier than other peaks in Nepal for climbing, therefore, Island peak climbing trip is combined with trekking. The trekking or peak climbing trip to the Island peak begins with direct flight to Lukla from Kathmandu, the trail continues through Namche Bazar to Island Peak base camp and after having successful summit to the peak, you will return back along the same route to Kathmandu.
For customizing itinerary and program, please contact us.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350 m), welcome by our representative of Glacier Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd, transfer to hotel according the plan and program.
Day 02: Preparation day, checking day of your all stuffs/equipment, O/N in hotel
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m), commence trek to Phakding (2610m), 3.5 hrs
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m), 6 hrs
Day 05: Acclimatization day, O/N lodge or tent as per program demanded
Day 06: Trek to Tyangboche (3860 m), 5 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4410 m), 4 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Chhukung (4740 m), 3hrs
Day 09: Trek to Island Peak base camp (4970m), Settlement of base camp
Day 10: Settlement of high camp
Day 11: Summit to Island Peak (6190m), back to base camp
Day12: Back to Chhukung, 6 hrs
Day 13: Trek to Tyangboche, 5.5 hrs
Day 14: Trek to Namche bazaar (3440 m), 4 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Phakding (2610 m), 5hrs
Day 16: Trek to Lukla (2840 m), 4 hrs
Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu from Lukla, transfer to hotel according to plan and programme
Day 18: Final departure from Kathmandu for your further.
• Hotel in Kathmandu as per itinerary and program.
• Trekking permits according to itinerary.
• TIMS cards.
• Lodging and food during the trip.
• Flight- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu.
• Porters and guide with their wages.
• Insurance for local staffs.
• Climbing guide for Island Peak.
• Island Peak permit.
• Entry fee for Sagarmatha National Park.
• High altitude chamber as per requirement.
• Wages and Equipment for climbing guide.
• Kitchen staffs as per program.
• Local airport tax and land transportation according to program.
• Applicable Nepal government tax.
• International flights and airport tax.
• Travel insurance.
• Personal expenses/Bar bills.
• Personal trekking and climbing equipment.
• Laundry service.
• Alcoholic drinks with mineral water,
• Rescue in emergency.