Pike Peak trek to dudhkunda trekking is one of the least discovered trekking place in Nepal. Secret Lake Dudhakunada is located to the east of Kathmandu Valley, in Everest region. The main attractions of Pike Peak Dudhakunada trail are green landscapes in the lap of high hills mountains, natural landscapes, and agriculture farms, local lifestyles of varied ethnic group’s such as Rai, Tamang, Magar, Sherpa, Sunuwar, and Gurung. Beside of it, Pike peak trail offers an opportunity to discover to travelers its varied richness of flora and fauna. Glacier Family Treks will extend your hike to the secret Dudhkunda Lake which is one of the most important pilgrimage for Hindu people in this region. According to legend, if someone visits to Dudhkunda, and takes bath, s/he will be free from their sins. And another belief says that if a couple doesn’t have their children since longer time and they ask for, will have in near future. The secret lake Dudhkunda is located on the lamb of Mt. Numbur- regarded as the home of protective deity in the region- Solukhumbu. This trek starts 6/7 hour driving from Kathmandu to Jiri as it continues through Goli village, Pike Danda, Junbeshi and ends finally at Phaplu-fly to Kathmandu.
Day01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel.
Day02: After breakfast in the morning at hotel, drive to Jiri by local bus/private vehicle, 6/hrs, O/N in local lodge, Jiri (1900m).
Day03: Trek to Deurali, 6 hours walking.
Day04: Trek to Namki (2300m), O/N in local lodges, 6/7 hours.
Day05: Trek to Ngaur (3350m), 5/6 hours of walking with local accommodation.
Day06: Trek to Kharka (3650m), Same day, hike to Pike Hill (4070m) and back to Kharka.
Day07: If any condition of your choice or weather, re-hike to Pike Hill for sunrise and trek to Phaplu, the headquarter or Solukhumbu, O/N in Phaplu.
Day08: Hike to Chiwang Gumba and trek to Junbesi, O/N in lodge at Junbesi.
Day09: Hike to Thupten Chholing Monastery and back to Junbesi.
Day10: Walk to Phuplu airport and O/N in Phaplu.
Day11: Fly or drive from Phaplu to Kathmandu, Hotel.
Day12: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley- Patan Darbar Sqaure, Kathmandu Darbar Square or Bhaktapur Darbar Sqaure, O/N in hotel, Kathmandu.
Day13: Final departure from Kathmandu for your next destination.
- Airport-hotel transport service
- Hotel accommodation and sightseeing with monument entrance fees in Kathmandu as per program.
- Kathmandu-Phapplu-Kathmandu flight tickets or Jeep service as per your demand.
- Domestic airport tax as per itinerary.
- Three time meals during the day
- Hot drinks: Tea/Coffee
- Lodge accommodation during the trek
- TIMS Cards and Conservation permits.
- Nepali staffs: Guide, assistants and porter with their food, salary, transportation and insurance
- Applicable government tax
- Rescue evacuation in emergency.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Travel insurance and Nepal Visa fee.
- Personal habits and expenses.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Hot and mineral water.
- Changed itinerary caused by natural incident: Landslide, Flight delays, political disturbance,
- Other costs which are not mentioned in service include.
Duration of trekking: 9 days Pike Peak lodge trekking. Trek season: Mid-September to Mid-December and February to Mid-May Difficulty: Moderate Accommodation: Tea house/Lodge trek Trek starts: From Jiri and Ends at Phaplu. Highest elevation: 4070m Pike Hill Drive: Kathmand-Jiri, Phaplu-Kathmandu and Flight: Phaplu-Kathmandu Airport service: By private vehicle.
Trekking highlight: Kathmandu arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Next day, after the breakfast at your hotel, drive from Kathmandu to Jiri by public transportation or private one- depends on your demand. It is rarely explored trekking trail in Nepal like hidden trekking route nearby the Everest region. Definitely, we explore different villages and can see different culture of different ethnic groups, visiting Buddhist monasteries, local life and agriculture.