Tiji Festival date 2018 is already fixed. And, the Tiji festival date 2018 starts from 12 May, 2018 and Tiji Festival ends on May 14, 2018!
Tiji festival is one of the most important festival in this region for the local people. It organizes as an annual event for indigenous to Lo-Manthan: the capital city of Mustang in Nepal. Local people commonly used to say Tenji but finally, it became Tiji an abbreviation of Tempa Chhririm which means- Prayer for world peace. Here the Tenji concedes the Victory of Buddhas incarnation.
Upper Mustang trekking is one of the most popular trekking destination for the trekkers or travelers to explore remote areas, natural caves, Buddhist monasteries and superb landscapes. We would like to say this region is forbidden kingdom with ancient walled-city of Mustang. Upper Mustang is opened for foreigners since 1992. All kinds of trekkers find this region is really enjoyable by the grace of its beautiful natural landscapes and isolations. Upper Mustang is an ancient Himalayan kingdom, lies to the north of Nepal, is still considered and to be said <Barren as a dead deer> but where beauty and happiness exist in spite of hardship. This region is also considered as one of the most interesting and picturesque place in Nepal consisting of two distinct regions southern and northern part where the tradition, language and culture are alike to Tibetan people. The upper mustang, one of the Buddhists kingdoms, inspires to visitors to make a trip in remaining life in this region. According to the history of Tourism in Nepal, only handful tourists had visited in this region before opening tourism in 1992.
Mustang was semi-independent and remote Tibetan Kingdom in the territory of Nepal where the Mustangi (People from the periphery of Lo-Manthang) King ruled until 2007/8. Massive Buddhist Monasteries are built in the periphery. The trek starts from Kagbeni and eventually, reaches to the Lo-Manthang- The capital of Mustang. Trekkers can see many of chotens, stupas, caves, prayer-wheels and Mani walls along the entire route. The Upper-Mustang was closed till 1990s and it is still considered as controlled area. Therefore, trekkers in this region should be two persons in minimum and be paid U$500.00 by each person for first ten days, then, you can be paid U$50.00 more per day.
For customized itinerary, please contact us.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up/drive
- Domestic airfare/land transport service according to program and contract
- Hotel accommodation on Kathmandu and Pokhara according to itinerary and plan
- Three meals in the day during the trek Sightseeing in Kathmandu and in Pokhara as per program and itinerary with monument entrance fees
- Hot drinks: Tea and Coffee (hot water in your responsibility)
- Especial permits for Upper-Mustang region
- Annapurna Conservation Area permits (ACAP)
- TIMS Cards
- All kinds of kitchen staffs, kitchen equipment and food during the trek if it is camping trek
- Guide and assistants, porter’s daily wages with their insurance
- Staffs food and transportation
- Travel insurance
- International airfare and airport tax, Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal nature items and expenses
- Alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, hot water, snacks, chocolate bars, telephone-bills, internet and Laundry service
- Personal trekking gears
- Anything extra activities which are out of itinerary
- Emergency evacuation (rescue: Helicopter)
- Changed itinerary cause of political strikes, disturbances, landslide etc
- Additional staffs and horse riding/renting